Potential S/S 2014 Runway DIYs

I have been craving some summer vibes hardcore lately - and this has only intensified while browsing on pinterest this morning where I came upon some beautiful pieces that have been released with the Spring / Summer 2014 runways. 

I picked out a couple that I thought would be perfect for the upcoming season - and could possibly be easy to make your own diy with. 



This one was the first one that struck me. Mara Hoffman s/s 2014 . I love wearing as many sheer things as possible during the summer months - and actually have a sheer white maxi american apparel dress that I think could work quite well for this diy. Obviously this piece was made with all hand beading - but I think a fun rick-rack trim, or even a hand-cut felt version for the pattern would give a similar effect!



I love how the sheerness of this dress makes it appear that the flowers are painted on her. Yanina Haute Couture Spring 2014. I would most definitely separate this into a two piece - with a high waisted sheer skirt embellished with silk flowers from a craft shop and then paint on the leaves.



This Stella McCartney Resort 2014 opens up so many options. Starting with a basic nude body con dress you could dress this up with many different appliqués to represent whatever you were trying to go for. Etsy is full of different sorts to spark your interest. 




This Dolce & Gabbana Summer 2014 dress - has a similar effect to the Yanina one above - but offers a completely different look once you pair down the bold red - for muted pinks and vanilla's. I also love how very woodland creature it feels like. Pull out your water-color paints and sew on a few flowers made out of simple cut fabric - or dollar store flowers onto a simple shift dress cinched at the waist with a medallion belt!



Maybe this Prada 2014 Coat would be a little difficult to replicate considering it's made out of all fuzzy fabric panels. But maybe a felt overlay on a brown coat could be a possible diy - Paint would be odd. Mostly I just thought it was pretty neat. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Well those are my S/S DIY possibilities for the upcoming season. Do you have any pieces that you are dying to try your crafty hands at?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...