What I did Today - Work Stuff


So today on my day off I slept in for the first time in a few weeks probably. Woke up around 11 and started on homework for my job. We are required to do these Trend Reports so that we can learn more about certain brands so we can price them correctly when people bring them across the counter. When I had my review a few weeks ago my manager asked me to do a specific one on all of what we call the 'bread & butter' brands we get a lot in our store. I.e. H&M / Converse / Banana Republic / Gap / Free People / JCrew / Urban Outfitters. I tend to get really detailed when I do my trend reports because I want to be as thorough as possible with each brand/trend. So I have to wait until I have enough time and energy to sit down and properly flesh out all of the information.

A lot happened in the past few weeks so I was forced to do it all today. Which is not fun - let me tell you. You would think that window shopping online all day would be awesome. But it isn't the most fun when you are looking for what the clothing labels look like, why they are priced this way, how many different lines are available - and what the prices are for all of these things. Needless to say I've had a headache most of the day and that's even after I tried to soothe my brain with some Ryan Gosling courtesy of 'The March of Ides' film I slipped in during a break I gave myself after I finished most of the above collages.

Some things that may be of use to anyone that doesn't work as a Buyer at Buffalo Exchange:

The H&M 'Divided' lines are geared toward juniors - and have most of the younger 'trendy' items. H&M with the silver tags are what they call their modern collection for business wear. Their L.O.G.G. line is their 'American eagle rip-off' and usually has a larger percentage of natural fibers in the clothing. They currently are doing a line for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and a "Conscious Collection" which features items that use organic fibers.

One of the most interesting things I found out today when I called and talked to a Representative at Converse is that their 'One Star' diffusion brand with Target shoes are 'true to size' and that the ones on the converse website are usually a 1/2 size bigger. They also mentioned that other than Target they don't have any other lines outside of the converse stores, but you can find some of their older shoes on websites like zappos.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...