The 5 Days of Nebraska.

So this past week Nebraska finally came to town. I tried to document it as much as possible because we aren't sure when we will be able to see each other again. This is going to be a 5 part post - one for each day! A little x-mas special - Jemibook style.


For those of you who don't know me in person and hear my talk nonstop about Nebraska - this is him! This picture is from where I picked him up at the NJ Train trembling from his first NY hassling from some guy name Midtown Slim. I scooped him up into my arms and took him on his first subway ride all the way back to bushwick!


We had decided beforehand that we wanted to get little notebooks and write to each other about every day with little pictures and such and give it to the other person before we left so we would have a little keepsake from the trip. He picked up mini moleskines and was very diligent about writing in his about each days activity when we had any downtime.



He met my wife once we got back to Bushwick - where I made both of them their very first carrot hotdogs and we shared some Sangria before heading out for some wandering around Williamsburg before going on our first date!


He started to get used to using the metrocard and running to catch trains right before they left.




We went to my store to try on some jeans that I had put on hold for him - and I accidentally pulled out a pair of women's black flares for him that he tried on - it was pretty funny.


Stopped into Brooklyn Industries and snapped this photo of me looking like a giant.






We went to The Gutter where I whooped his butt in the first game - something I never do is win at Bowling.





Nebraska won the 2nd game and this lovely couple that was bowling right next to us asked if we wanted them to take our picture. Nebraska told me that while I was away at the bathroom at one point the girl of the other couple told him that we had good chemistry together and asked how long we were together and was surprised to find out we were on our first date. It was cute.



We headed over to Union Pool after this - simply because I had decided early on that I wanted our first kiss to be documented - and what better way then in my favorite medium - photobooth!







The rest of the gang showed up soon after and met Nebraska for the first time - after months of me jabbering on about him.



Took him to one of the best sandwich places in Brooklyn - Hana Foods - to get him his first delicious vegan sandwich on the ride back to bushwick.

/end day one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...