Art Store Shopping.

Yesterday on my day off I was very productive. Caught up with my blogs/tumblr and random emails I needed to respond to. Then I got all dolled up.










In my favorite wedges.


I need to find some ankle length socks like these from welovecolors.com

It is weird for me to be showing my toes off, because I am a big advocate of toes being inside of shoes. But I justified it because these shoes are so amazing. I'm wearing this coat I got from Brit Brit brand new, I love the cut on it I feel so bourgeoisie. The hat I switched out for my $3 from Forever 21. Oh, and the leggings were a gift from my philly friend Mike who picked them up from his friend's boutique in Philly that we stopped in the first time I was in Philly and I fell in love with them. I've never owned $150 leggings before but they fit incredibly and look great obviously!


Before leaving I nommed on this :

Sourdough bread open-faced sandwich with sun-dried tomato hummus and hickory smoked tofurky.

Trader Joe's Mushroom noodle soup.

Trader Joe's veggie chips


I went to the art store to pick up some felt for my Halloween costume, and then killed some time @ Crossroads and was about to leave when I saw this amazing Yellow flannel dress from 'Married to the Mob'. Which as you can see is perfect, and will pair perfectly with my high waisted jeans and black leggings this fall. I had not heard of them until last week when this girl who has worked for them for 5 years came in and sold a whole bunch of really cool things.


They like to print things on the insides of their jeans, and the ones we have in stock now have fun slogans written on the waistbands.


After that I headed over to Union Square with Arizona Ice Tea in hand, and had a little make-up/dress-up session @ Sephora where I discovered the above perfume and left with a sample in tote. I also swooned over Nars and Make Up Forever's new fall collections.



I need the blue eyeshadow from nars, and the entire palette from Make Up Forever, and the green mascara please!


Off to Barnes n' Nobles after that where I did my usual - head straight to the 'New Age' section and read about myself and then headed over to the 'Cooking' section where I check out all the new Vegan and Raw cookbooks out and promptly write them down in my moleskine to look up when I get back home on amazon.com. Here is the collection I found that I need to get on amazon.com as soon as possible:








(I really REALLY want this one, it looked so good in the store.)


(This one as well looked amazing, when I was first learning about the raw food diet there were not a lot of books with scientific data to back up the diet and this had a lot when I was flipping through it, which I always find beneficial when having a conversation about the diet with people who don't know anything about the diet!)


(I just happened to be passing by the 'relationship' section and this popped out at me, here is a little info from amazon.com on it " controversial, thought-provoking, and brilliant book, renegade thinkers Christopher Ryan and Cacilda JethÁ debunk almost everything we “know” about sex, weaving together convergent, frequently overlooked evidence from anthropology, archaeology, primatology, anatomy, and psychosexuality to show how far from human nature monogamy really is. In Sex at Dawn, the authors expose the ancient roots of human sexuality while pointing toward a more optimistic future illuminated by our innate capacities for love, cooperation, and generosity.")


I thought this was funny, This is the height I am when I am wearing the wedges, pretty much taller than everyone on the subway.


Walking to Union Pool to meet up with Kevin for hang-outs and guacamole before he headed over to his bowling league @ Gutter in Williamsburg. I saw this pretty window display at this comic book store.

I headed home after that ate a blueberry scone and then my new friend Dan stopped by with a bottle of wine and we attempted to play risk but failed and read my astrology books until the wife came home and joined the conversation until 2am when we all passed out. All-in-all an awesome day!


Happy Fall everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...