2007 - The Year of Jemibook

I always like doing these little quiz things at the end of the year, I'm a very nostalgic person at heart, always listening to music from back in the day and recalling about fond memories but always looking forward to new ones of course.

So I found this one via Livejournal/Google and I've decided to fill it out, If you want to fill it out let me know I'd love to read what you put!


[.]What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?:
Had my very first Jemibook in the Park, Birthed Jemibook from my loins, Taught myself some Ukulele Skills, Visited Minneapolis, Ate Magic Mushrooms, Rented My first Studio by myself, Financed My Brand New 2007 Chevy Aveo, Held Two Jobs Simultaneously, Tried Pescatarianism, Attended my First Death Metal Show, Experimented with 20s Hairstyles, Created Lesbo and Latino w/ Haniel, Went to A Con Dressed As KK-Slider from Animal Crossing.

[.]Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
My New Year's Resolutions from Last Year are as Follows :
[ Learn Basic French ]
[ Have First Show ] [x]
[ Get Tattoo w/ Dad ]
[ Have $300 Saved ]
[ Become Pescatarian ] [x]
[ Lose Kangaroo Pouch ]
[ Get Real Uke ] [x]

So I followed through with most of them I had intended on getting my second tattoo the one that Anastasia and I had drew up last year for my dad and I to get together later this month, but I won't have any money so I won't be able to. As for French, I was going good in the beginning of the year but it fell through I think next year I may try some other language. $300 Saved...well I just got a new credit card with $300 limit does that count? And my Kangaroo Pouch I was working on it and got side-tracked because of all my show stuff, but I have it on my mind for next year.

OF course I will make more, I live for this stuff!

[.] What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?:
More Traveling, Meeting more Uke Players, Owning a Video Camera, More Expendable Income, Being able to Quit Publix and work for myself or @ a job that is more suited for my tastes.

[.]What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
The very beginning, on January 20th, the day I did Magic Mushrooms, I still remember the visuals from that night to this day so vividly it was amazing and strange experience, I remember saying that I would never do them again the following days, but I believe that I felt shameful for doing them then because of the person whom I was seeing at the time, otherwise I had the most amazing visual experience of my existence.

[.]What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Having the guts to follow through with my music and stay focused and do my show and not back down like the scared little girl I truly was.

[.]What was your biggest failure?:
A particular relationship I was partaking in for the good part of the year, it was killing my optimistic-creative nature and I didn't realize it for the longest time, I believe if I would have realized it earlier I would have been a lot more productive, but i do believe it happened for a reason and that it helped me get to where I am today and I'm thankful for that and them. So I can see it as a failure but realize it helped me also.

[.]What was the best thing you bought?:
My new Ukuele

[.]Whose behavior merited celebration?:
Anastasia - my good friend and personal muse from time to time, she graduated College this year and globe-trotted the world as usual and I was able to hear about her falling in love abroad and all that entails in her fairytail-drawn life.

[.]Where did most of your money go?:
Car Payments, Rent, Car Insurance, Phone Bills, Electric Bills.

[.]What did you get really, really, really excited about?:
Going to Minneapolis, Some of my new songs, Jemivision, Seeing certain people.

[.]What song will always remind you of 2007?:
Rod Stewart - Maggie May

[.]Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened?: Happy!
ii. thinner or fatter?: My weight doesn't fluctuate.
iii. richer or poorer?: Much More poorer.

[.]What do you wish you'd done more of?:
More Music + Networking

[.]What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Dealing with a situation that I thought was right for me.

[.]How will you be spending Christmas?:
um.. well I don't celebrate Christmas, and I have no money, so probably alone by myself at home-making music or something creative-happily though!

[.]Did you fall in love in 2007?:
Several times. I came into 2007 in love, and fell in love twice after that.

[.]What was the best book/fanfic you read?:
I finally finished Reading 'Stiff' I thought that was pretty great.

[.]What was your greatest musical discovery?:
2007 was a great year for music in my life, and the greatest one would be a hard title, check below for my favorite music of 2007.

[.]What did you want and get?:
Love simple-outloud-and proud.

[.]What did you want and not get?:
Things to work out better in another relationship that I felt I put a lot of effort into.

[.]What was your favorite film of this year?

Across the Universe

[.]What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:

My birthday I went to the Eclipse with one of my best friends Haniel-Hiaz, I made my own dress and wore my brand new [ at the time ] baby blue wig and I made Haniel's T-shirt and we drove up to Jacksonville and I got drunk and danced the night away. I turned 22.

[.]Whats one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
To have had realized, earlier in the year, that I am doing exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life [ in regards to my music/creative endeavors], and that it encompasses everything I ever wanted to do in life.

[.]How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?:
Experimentation more in Vintage Looks, ala 20s and 70s Fashion more so than years before.

[.]What kept you sane?:
Cupcakes, Orgasms, My Ukulele.

[.]Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
Sean Lennon

[.]Who was the best new person you met?:
this is hard, it's a 3-way tie actually. Cara, Liz, and Shawn.

[.]Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
You don't need to compromise for what you truly want out of a relationship, there is someone out there looking for the same things you are looking for, so don't waste your time with someone who you think will change into the person you are looking for.

------

Now for the Music I got Down to this Year..

This isn't a Best of 2007, it's what I listened to way too much and what encompasses 2007-music-wise for me.

Regina Spektor
Sean Lennon
Nineteen Eighty-Four
My Chemical Romance
The Cardigans
Rod Stewart
The Cribs
The Supremes
Rufus Wainwright
Sarah Blasko
Tegan and Sara
The Velvet Underground
Nico
Peter Bjorn & John
Lou Reed
Shangri-Las
The Exploding Hearts
Architecture In Helsinki
The Shins
The Bravery
The Bird and The Bee
Simian Mobile Disco
Gwen Stefani
ColdPlay
Chris Garneau
CocoRosie
Razorlight
Phoenix
Barry White
Michael J. Sheehy
Julieta Venegas
The Weakerthans
The Blow
Mirah
Amy Winehouse
Flight of the Conchords
Sephiroth Chorus
Metric

Below is a Playlist premade for you, of either the song I was listening to on repeat from these artists or Just a song that encompasses the artist. Download it and Jam out to this playlist Jemibook-stylie!

It's a Kind of Big Playlist so I split it into 4 Different Files:

DivShare File - First.zip

DivShare File - Second.zip

DivShare File - Third.zip

DivShare File - Fourth.zip

Also I noticed after the Fact that the song ' The Chills' didn't load up all the way, so sorry for that, message me if you want it, it's pretty great.

Much Love,
Jemibook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...