Make Music Monday.



I have been excited about this song all week, I've been listening to it several times a day on repeat. It came to me very randomly in the middle of the day I was just sitting here at my computer and then I started writing lyrics [ I usually pick chords I want and have some theme and just start singing to them until I make up a song ] so this was a bit backwards for me, but I loved how it turned out. Here's this weeks song:



It's called 'Ghosts'. I'm kind of enamored with using ghosts as a theme for my music, in one way or another if you didn't notice by a song earlier this month.

Here are the lyrics:
- - - - - -- -- - -- -----
Shhh she said as we walked into the room.
The ghosts will see us if we talk.
At First I didn't see them, just their shadows on the floor.
Our shadows gone, their shadows here.

Mother's voice in my head, I won't step on a crack.
Cries in the doorways and broken window-panes.
I can smell her the mix of flowers and the faint smell of milk on her breath.

If I stand still she'd turn around with the question 'why' in her face. I wouldn't do it to her again.

Our Ghosts trail us, but we try to ignore them
Our ghosts visit and I kiss her to show I don't care
Our ghosts walking through us everyday, making sure we don't forget.
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

When she wakes up each morning I breathe a sigh of relief.
I'd put her socks on if she'd ask me to, just to have her remember it when she steps in a puddle later.
Mother's voice in my head, I won't step on a crack.
She's the only one I'd ever get close enough to let break my heart.

Our Ghosts ride our train, trying to make us feel their pain
Our Ghosts shake hands, conspiring to torment us again.
Our Ghosts, walking through us everyday, making sure we don't forget.
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

If there is something I can do to keep them from getting to you, I'd do it.
If there is something I can do, I'd wait one thousand years, if I had to. i'd do it.
If there was something I could do, but they know they already won.
Goodbye,goodbye,goodbye

- -- - - - - --- - ---- - --

Otherwise.. I am happy that this past week is over because it was too much late night working. This week will be a million times more easy and free, I have some fun in store for me this week, and also hopefully lots more helping with packing so we can get our move on out of here and into our new house.

Also I did my very first duet last night, kind of stoked about that because it came out pretty fluidly and easily. I'll post it later this week!

Hope you guys have an incredible day!

Jemibook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...