Things that change a perspective.

This past Sunday I had the privilege to see 'Across the Universe'.

It's one of those films that has a lot of great imagery like Moulin Rouge. And it's an all around Musical film with plenty of incredible Beatles songs on every page. It's films like this one that inspire me to get out and take more adventures in life, and also helps if you need to take your mind to a completely other time and place.

Other things that have been inspiring me :



Mark Jenkins : Street Installations

I may be the last person on earth to see his work, but I love startling art like this. There is no way of avoiding something like this on your way to work.



How to Win Friends and Influence People : Dale Carnegie


I don't know about everyone else, but I had to read this book in Highschool. I found it altogether very informative then, but never got to read the whole thing for unforeseen reasons at the time. I stumbled upon this website that pretty much gives you the low-down on the gist of the book. [ http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html ]
This book is very helpful in letting you think of the world outside of your own box when you are looking at how to deal better in your relationships with other people. I'd recommend it to all people as a must read for life.

And then there is the different perspective on something from your past. Such as this cover by the Bee Gees done by a Los Angeles collaboration called 'The Bird and The Bee' they cover one of my all time favorite Bee Gees songs, second only to Emotion.



It takes me back to that place in my past, but updates it to something relate able for relationships I could have in the current day. Also I'm a sucker for a good cover song.

I hope something inspires you to take a different perspective on something in your life today, it's kind of an exciting feeling.

Much Love,
Jemibook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...