My Favorite Movie of All time - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.


As many times as I have seen this movie I never tire of it. The first time I watched it when it originally came out in theaters it blew my mind open ...kind of in the same way I felt after watching The Fight Club for the first time..There is nothing like watching that movie for the first time and learning the 'twist'.. This movie felt very familiar to me. Clementine's characters anxieties, quirks, and spirit have always felt like it was taken from my own brain. Which in a way is comforting to feel like I'm not the only person who sometimes feels crazy for no reason but can't do anything about it.
Their relationship has always seemed ideal to me and I love how all of their relationship is portrayed not just the good parts or the 'bad' parts - you get to feel for both sides of the characters and have an inkling of where they are coming from. Of course I always believe that they do eventually end up together - even if they continue to make the same mistakes. There is something endearing about their flawed-ness and showing that relationships don't always have to be perfect to be good for either person involved.
In the end it's a beautiful film/story and if you have never seen it I highly recommend it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...