Make Music (Wednesday?)


I guess when the inspiration strikes - it STRIKES! That and I've been back to being holed up in my room thanks to our first snow of the season and the lack of gas and subways running in my neighborhood make for a 5 hour stint of practicing and creating this here song and then another two figuring out a proper set-up and editing the video of it. 

This is all to say that I have a bit more time on my hands these days - and a special little white room to myself to get creative with again - I'm delighted still at this fact.

But onto the song - my first start-to-finish 'Jemibook' song all year (yes I have done some fancy covers, and a few special songs for co-workers and friends) ! Feeling quite accomplished. 

This song has been tinkering around in my head for a long time this year. I was inspired when a close friend wrote a song about me and this is kind of my reply to it, but also more like a distant sequel to the song 'February'[Last.fm] I wrote way back in 2007...I kind of envisioned a modern day - Runaround Sue/I'm no Runaround Sue - except with a country/blues twist - and of course my signature silver-lining sadness.


"It's been a long time since I thought of you.
You had all but, done and slipped my mind.
and it's been a long time since I dreamt of you
now you're memories got me in a bind.

and in this moment I stand still
gripped by the past unable to move at will

and in this breath i'm with you
six years passed and yet its still a fresh kill.

Haunted by the past
of something that didn't last
is it too late for a take two..."

- - - - - - - - - 

I know I've been putting off pulling out my new baby harp more often and for that I am sad - but once things get more settled and I feel like I have the proper set-up for it I know we will be best friends - she can't help but look beautiful and lonely in my room and that makes me long for her even more - just wish she was a easy as the uke - but I guess it all will take time to get easier... 

Well I'm off for now - Enjoy the recorded version below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...