Make Music Monday



Welcome back to Make Music Monday everyone!

I was doing some intense practice a week or so ago and realized I had never made a video for this song. I wrote it back in 2008 while I was babysitting my little brother who isn't so little anymore..well kind of he is 8 years old - but I suppose I remember when he was a little baby and I was babysitting him for a week at another point and we both fell asleep together in my mother's big comfy rocking chair while I was still able to rock him to sleep in my arms.

I was listening to a lot of Bob Dylan at the time and was dating a bit of an old-fashioned guy who reminded me of the character I sang about in this song.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Drive around in your good ole fashioned truck
Wear your shades and sip coffee from your mug
And you don't even mind, the time you'll spend in traffic
You've been driving here for too long.

Come and pick her up
She's that sparkle in your eye
Tell her she means the world, but she'll just try to deny
Your honesty and well-mannered views just seem like a lie.

You could carry on, day by day
Live your life the way you've seen in the film.
Read your paper on sunday, fashion your eggs with your toast.
But it don't mean thing in this world, anymore.

Old Time Fella, in the new world.
you're out with the day old bread.
they don't care to shine you're shoes
It's out with the old and in with the new

Work your job to the bone
You're replaced with a machine
Try your best to see the best in everything
You'll keep one with nature and whistle breathlessly
While walking down the streets where you've always lived

Now they're asking you to say goodbye
to everything that you've ever believed in
trade your values and morals in
For a shiny pair of contacts filled with lies

But you would rather be
sittin' in a museum
gatherin' dust and cracking at the edges
then trying to make something fit
that just shouldn't even be, a passin' thought among your lips

Old Time Fella, in the new world
close your eyes as you fall asleep
pray to god and you whisper
I won't let tomorrow get the best of me

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...