You're My Best Friend!

I decided to do a post dedicated to my best friend of 10+ years. We have been through tons together and even though we haven't lived in the same city since high school I still feel like she knows me better than 99% of people that I have ever met [only one other exclusion]. She constantly inspires me with her creative endeavors and I never tire of hearing about her travels and discussing our future life plans together. It is weird to think that we've known each other for 10 years but it has just blown by!

This is the first picture I have of us, when we first met. This was taken on her birthday, we went out to eat at this seafood restaurant in 2000.

I was constantly staying the night over her house and she had a webcam so we would make these videos of ourselves dancing and lip-syncing to some of our favorite songs at the time, this was before youtube so sadly there aren't any online.

This picture is from a day that I still hold as one of the best days of my life. We had a great time in St. Augustine which included boxing in the grass by the fort and tons of great thrifting, we ended it by going to the secret beach and getting down to our knickers and taking a swim!

In 2003 I was living with my dad in Orlando and she would come down and visit me and stay the weekend and would take random trips in her car to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and go on camping trips, it was a blast!

I would come and stay up in Palm Coast and visit and we would do each others hair, go and hang out with our good friend Christoff and cause trouble, before she headed off to Ft. Lauderdale for college.

My 18th birthday dinner.

2004 at the Ibar, my favorite indie bar in Orlando!

After moving back from Chicago in 2006 our dogs became best friends as well. This is Laika and Flava-Flav

She stayed in Palm Coast for most of the summer in 2006 and we hung out loads, played dress-up and had fun like old times.

Took advantage of every photo-op especially in our favorite city to be in together, St. Augustine.

My Lady took me out for a romantic birthday dinner in 2007.

Us on Halloween 2007.

On my birthday in 2008, we went out for dancing at Are Friend's Electric.

At my birthday party we had at my house in 2008.

Before she left for London we spent the good part of the spring together, it was one of my favorite times for us!

I stayed in Palm Coast for a week babysitting my brother during this time and we worked on a music video for my song "Little Asian Girl Part 2" which is about us. She brought us back these necklaces which have a medallion with a unicorn on one side and a Pegasus on the other we have this whole story about what will happen to us in the post apocalyptic world and this is one of the motif's in the story.

There has been this running theme in our lives where we become hair twins on accident.

I have had a love affair with her style for as long as we've known one another.

My very first performance at a venue, I sang 'Little Asian Girl Part 2' for her and it was lovely to see her dance to it!

This was the last time I saw her, and it's been too long! I want 2011 to be the year I get to be with my wifey again!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...