Three Years of my 'Thanksgiving Dress'

So I started my own Thanksgiving tradition three years ago when I first moved to Minneapolis.
I had this particular dress in my closet that, to me, didn't feel like it fit into any other season or occasion so I hardly wore it. The only time it seemed proper was for a holiday meal, and since I don't celebrate x-mas that was out. Leaving only one other Fall holiday - Thanksgiving!

I can't pin-point when and where I purchased this dress, but I think I got it from this store in Jacksonville in riverside for on the cheap! It is thrifted but, someone hand-made this dress. I always hope that it was some sort of bridesmaid dress or another lovely event such as that. Whenever I come upon handmade dresses at thrift stores I almost always pick them up if they are in my size the quality is always great and it is a great treasure. I have some of my handmade things out in the thrifted world as well and I hope someone found it and loved it as much as I did when I made it.

This was the first year I wore it, but the second year that I spent in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving, both times were magical. This year all of us were vegetarians so there was no turkey but we found some delicious substitutes for it instead.

Last year I went to South Dakota for thanksgiving. This was my first time ever in South Dakota and everything about this Thanksgiving was completely different from any other Thanksgiving before. Their extended family was so large that they had their thanksgiving in an elementary school cafeteria. I was the only vegetarian, and the family was so sweet to accommodate me, but I have learned to adjust to eating only just side-dishes from growing up in my family.

This year's Thanksgiving was my smallest one ever. Just Ben and I here in New York to celebrate in our tiny little apartment. I made my first Tofurky roast from their 'feast' meal you can get at the store. Everything was very yummy and I am happy to eat the leftovers.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Do you guys have any Thanksgiving traditions you started on your own?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...